v1.4.9 Bug reports and Comments

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
Eric Stern
Employee
Employee

Re: v1.4.9 Bug reports and Comments

Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:39 pm

jg0007 wrote:Since I went back to version 1.4.8 it allowed me to activate the POE everything works fine without problems

Note version 1.4.9 has this error does not allow to activate the power to the POEs that are deactivated nor does it comply with the programming of power off and on programmed in the power TAB

These comments are to improve version 1.4.9

I cannot duplicate this on my WS-12-250-DC with 1.4.9. I have port 2 disabled but PoE comes on and powers the device fine.

Also nothing was changed between 1.4.8 and 1.4.9 that would affect this.

jpaine619

Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:50 am

sporkman wrote:I'm on my second ws-6-mini at a site that had been stable for at least a year. I'm now seeing the switch just randomly stop passing traffic until it's power-cycled. It continues to power everything attached to it. Two things that changed are adding a radio (metrolinq 2.5-60-19) and upgrading from 1.4.8 to 1.4.9. I'm normally not someone that is an early adopter and prefer to let others find bugs, but I think I was here asking a question and just noticed 1.4.9 was out so I put it on two switches.

I just experienced my first MINI lockup as well, on 1.4.9.

This site has NEVER had an issue. The only change was upgrading to 1.4.9 about 7 or 8 days ago. I got lucky and it's only about 100 yds away so walking over and rebooting it was not an issue, but the switch itself had definitely locked up.

If it locks up again I'll downgrade back to 1.4.8.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:08 pm

I have NEVER seen a switch lock up (from software bug), I have no reason to deceive you.

What I do see is Flow Control cause a switch to appear to be locked up.

Well correction, I have seen power blips lock up a switch because it does not fully power down before power is reapplied and in that case it will lock up as it powers up in a bad random state. But this is not a software issue it is from the quick power cycle. Another cause of issue with WS-6-MINI is the defective CAP issue which can cause a lock up but then again not firmware but hardware.

A power blip can also occur if the switch needs more power than it is getting. Meaning you are say using the 60W power adapter but the switch needs 65W for a split second you get a blip.

If it "locks up" again I would disable Flow Control and if it still locks up I would RMA it if you are SURE it is not starved for power.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

jpaine619

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:25 am

sirhc wrote:I have NEVER seen a switch lock up (from software bug), I have no reason to deceive you.

What I do see is Flow Control cause a switch to appear to be locked up.

I don't doubt you.

I disabled flow control after I power cycled the switch, as I didn't realize it was an issue until I read about it here.. However, unless the 1.4.9 enabled it, then it has always been enabled. I never manually enabled it, so at some point it was enabled by default and it was stable or at least appeared to be stable. Nothing on the site changed except the firmware version.

Second, no way is power the issue. This particular site is a 1-1 site. 1 radio in, 1 radio out. So... maybe 20 watts? total demand. I've got a 48V 5A power supply (240 watts).

I have since gone and disabled flow control on ALL of my Netonix switches. I am hoping that was the reason, but as it is, apparently, such an issue, I don't understand why it was ever enabled by default. Y'all might want to rethink that.

Anyhow, we shall see. I'll assume, for the time being, that the lockup was flow control related as you suggest

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:08 pm

Because I use Flow Control on all my WISP Switches at my WISP with no problems but I run a routed network with a router at every tower.

A tour of my WISP can be seen in the 1.5 hour video I have on YouTube and in a thread on this forum.
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=452#p2961

It all depends on ones network topology, their understanding of Flow Control, it's pluses and minuses, and what devices they are using.

Also FC is on by default on "most" switches.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

IntL-Daniel
Experienced Member

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:46 pm

There is some issue with QOS in 1.4.9. Since upgrade to 1.4.9 twenty four hours ago (5 switches in our network) many customers started to complain about not possibility to watch online videos...that sound is not synchronized with video. When I disabled all QOS rules in all switches, the problem was 100% solved. Other 100% solution is downgrade to 1.4.8 and keep all QOS rules active as before. So we stay on 1.4.8 ...

Example of our QOS tab is here:
netonix-qos.jpg

RebusCom
Experienced Member

Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:55 am

Eric Stern wrote:
jg0007 wrote:Since I went back to version 1.4.8 it allowed me to activate the POE everything works fine without problems

Note version 1.4.9 has this error does not allow to activate the power to the POEs that are deactivated nor does it comply with the programming of power off and on programmed in the power TAB

These comments are to improve version 1.4.9

I cannot duplicate this on my WS-12-250-DC with 1.4.9. I have port 2 disabled but PoE comes on and powers the device fine.

Also nothing was changed between 1.4.8 and 1.4.9 that would affect this.

What I am seeing on 1.4.9 is the old 24V settings are carried forward but on ports that were off prior to the upgrade the POE choices are all grayed out and for the 24V ports the 48V choices are grayed out. This is on multiple AC switches.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:40 am

RebusCom wrote:What I am seeing on 1.4.9 is the old 24V settings are carried forward but on ports that were off prior to the upgrade the POE choices are all grayed out and for the 24V ports the 48V choices are grayed out. This is on multiple AC switches.

Your mistaken, please read this post
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2297&p=18029&hilit=+poe+greyed#p18029

RebusCom
Experienced Member

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:41 am

sirhc wrote:
RebusCom wrote:What I am seeing on 1.4.9 is the old 24V settings are carried forward but on ports that were off prior to the upgrade the POE choices are all grayed out and for the 24V ports the 48V choices are grayed out. This is on multiple AC switches.

Your mistaken, please read this post
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2297&p=18029&hilit=+poe+greyed#p18029

I guess that's what happens when one searches for "gray" instead of "grey". :ak:

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:05 am

Is it gray or GREY?

Grey and gray are both accepted in the English language. They refer to a color of a neutral tone between black and white, and can also be used metaphorically to convey gloom and dullness. However, gray is the more popular spelling in the US, while grey reigns supreme in the UK.

PreviousNext
Return to Hardware and software issues