v1.4.9 Bug reports and Comments

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
sporkman

Re: v1.4.9 Bug reports and Comments

Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:49 am

sirhc wrote:Tell me any device that keeps a log after reboot?
This is why we support a syslog server.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1497&p=11096&hilit=+log+reboot+syslog#p11096

Every router I have? All my unix servers? Or more accurately, everything that's not "WISP" gear. :)

Syslog server does no good if the switch isn't passing traffic or if you're troubleshooting anything that involves losing connectivity.

sirhc wrote:I highly doubt the switch "locked" up but rather this is a Pause Frame Packet Lock. There are TONS of posts discussing this on this forums and UBNT Forum. This is not a bug on our end but rather how wireless devices handle Pause Frames.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=671&start=110#p22252

Search and read post on the forum about Flow Control. You can try disabling Flow Control on all ports if the problem persists to determine if that is your issue.

I'll try it, but I don't know why out of 5 switches, all with UBNT radios with the same firmware I'd only see it on this switch. Also, perhaps the default should be "off" and let the adventurous enable it. Edit: also of note, when this was locked up last night, I repeatedly bounced the interface of the radio that feeds the site to no effect. I also disabled flow control on the radio, tried different link speeds, all to no effect. I've not yet read the 12 pages of that thread, but I don't imagine pause frames on one port should affect the whole switch, right?

jg0007

Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:09 pm

sirhc wrote:
jg0007 wrote:I found a bug After the update I can not turn on a port ie enable it from OFF to 24 in the registered one but the switch does not power the port

You have red arrows pointing to port 2 and port 3 in your original post picture.

Port 2 has an X on it because it is disabled on the Ports TAB

if I have only the LAN port 2 disabled the problem is that it does not activate the POE does not send to energisarlo that is the fault

Meanwhile I will return to version 1.4.8
I need to activate the power to those port with version 1.4.9 does not allow me to do it

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:27 am

jg0007 wrote:if I have only the LAN port 2 disabled the problem is that it does not activate the POE does not send to energisarlo that is the fault

WHAT ?

Explain that again please
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

jg0007

Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:40 pm

Since I went back to version 1.4.8 it allowed me to activate the POE everything works fine without problems

Note version 1.4.9 has this error does not allow to activate the power to the POEs that are deactivated nor does it comply with the programming of power off and on programmed in the power TAB

These comments are to improve version 1.4.9
Attachments
1.4.8.jpg

mike99
Associate
Associate

Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:58 pm

sporkman wrote:Every router I have? All my unix servers? Or more accurately, everything that's not "WISP" gear. :)

Those don't have a read only file system that protect disk error in case of unexpected hard reboot.

sporkman wrote:I don't imagine pause frames on one port should affect the whole switch, right?

Pause frame is really dangerous, so much it can put a whole network down, even affect badly carrier grade device like Cisco high end PE if forgetted enabled. I personnaly think it should never be enable be default. You must really know what you are doing when dealling with pause frame.

jschroeter

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:58 pm

Has the Ping Watch Dog issue that we discovered been fixed? I am not reading that in the 1.4.9 notes.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:12 pm

jschroeter wrote:Has the Ping Watch Dog issue that we discovered been fixed? I am not reading that in the 1.4.9 notes.

Link the post referring to this issue.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

jschroeter

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:18 pm

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:38 pm

jschroeter wrote:http://forum.netonix.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3268

Find your post and click on its title (of your post) then post the link of your post, you posted the entire thread which is many pages long.

jschroeter

Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:43 pm

PreviousNext
Return to Hardware and software issues