v1.4.8 Bug reports and Comments

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
sirhc
Employee
Employee

v1.4.8 Bug reports and Comments

Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:07 am

Please post bug reports and comments on v1.4.8 ONLY in this thread.
v1.4.8 wrote:NOTE: IGMP snooping over VLANS, MSTP, and ERPS are still being developed so use these features at your own risk.

FIXED/CHANGED
- Fixed input voltage reading on SMART DC models that may cause false input reading if voltage momentarily drop
- Fixed Changed temp sensor readings on SMART DC models to effect fan speeds
- Fixed SNMP support for Q-SWITCH-MIB, LLDP and CDP
- Fixed IGMP snooping with multiple VLANs
- Fixed DC calibration restarting POE
- Fixed problem with DHCP snooping affecting fragmented UDP packets
- Fixed problem with ERPS enabling forwarding a failed port
- Fixed problem with MSTP setting priority and path cost
- Fixed SSH login with RADIUS when the password contains special characters
- Fixed scheduled port bounce
- Fixed VLAN drag/drop being too sensitive
- Fixed MSTP root message
- Fixed QoS CLI configuration
- Fixed VLAN drag/drop being too sensitive
- Grey out unavailable bulk poe options
- Upper out of voltage range for IDC is now 54V

ENHANCEMENTS
- Added ERPS protocol implementation is g.8032v2 - Ring Protection
- Added BETA note to ERPS
- Added port name to "show interface status" CLI command
- Added an input voltage calibration for DC models
- Improved Q-BRIDGE-MIB support
- Improved fan control on DC models
- Improved stability of ERPS
- Added "Enable Power" action to watchdog
- Added ifMtu to IF-MIB
- Added dot3StatsDuplexStatus from EtherLike-MIB
- Added the time counters were cleared to port detail
- Added watchdog description to email notification
- Added terminal length option to CLI
- Added ability to re-order VLANs using drag and drop
- Enabled IGMP proxy for IGMP snooping
- Added "show igmp" CLI command

KNOWN ISSUES
- Some language templates need help - please private message Eric Stern to help
- IGMP snooping over VLANS, MSTP, and ERPS are still being developed

Released 11/16/2017
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

coreinput

Re: v1.4.8 Bug reports and Comments

Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:25 pm

Upgraded from 1.4.7 after 189 days uptime and everything went smooth.
Hats off to Eric and team including the beta testers for making this a good release.
Thanks!

jagman2020

Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:23 am

I have upgraded from 1.4.8rc12 to the 1.4.8 and now one of my ports will not link.
It shows power to the unit and cable tests are fine.
Only put the unit on this morning and was working fine till the upgrade in firmware.
I have tried rolling back the firmware but no matter what i try it will not let me. keeps coming up with an error

I also note now that three other ports have jumped to 100 Half and get lots of errors.
I switch them back to 100 Full the ports flow and no errors.
This has only happened since the firmware upgrade performed an hour ago..
I have tried downgrading but it fails.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:23 am

jagman2020 wrote:I have upgraded from 1.4.8rc12 to the 1.4.8 and now one of my ports will not link.
It shows power to the unit and cable tests are fine.
Only put the unit on this morning and was working fine till the upgrade in firmware.
I have tried rolling back the firmware but no matter what i try it will not let me. keeps coming up with an error

I also note now that three other ports have jumped to 100 Half and get lots of errors.
I switch them back to 100 Full the ports flow and no errors.
This has only happened since the firmware upgrade performed an hour ago..
I have tried downgrading but it fails.

Not sure what to tell you but there is nothing in the firmware upgrade that would cause this. Something else has to be going on?

But your post lacks any basic information to really help you such as what model.

I would bench test the unit(s) in question as outlined in this post: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2780#p19221
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

jagman2020

Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:12 pm

WS-12-250-DC.
Its got something to do with the firmware since now I cant roll back to an earlier version.
Nice to have the ablity to just bench test devices..
I live in Australia and some of the towers are in very remote area and accessible only by 4wd's etc..

So you say nothing in the firmware would cause that..
Not sure how you can make that assumption..
Simply put the switch working fine all ports working fine..
Upgrade the firmware and ports set to auto change the speeds to 100 half duplex and have lots of errors.
If I force to 100 full then no issues..
I did not have to do that before the firmware upgrade..

So obviously something in the firmware upgrade has changed something on the switch.. be whatever it is.. That has caused this.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:59 pm

Nothing was changed in firmware to cause this, not sure how else to say it. I am being 100% honest on this.

Ports speeds should always be set to Auto except in very rare circumstances.

Try:
1) Reboot switch
2) Set ports 1 at a time back to Auto and [Save and Apply] and then do a port bounce on that port to reboot the device being powered (make sure that device is also set to AUTO)

jagman2020

Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:03 am

Hi,
I have done that a number of times with no change.

jschroeter

Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:26 pm

PING WATCHDOG

We are having issues with ping watchdog where it seems that the start up interval is not happening.

Settings are to ping an address Startup = 300 Interval = 10 Failures = 3 Action =Bounce

Upon testing I ping an address that I can turn off, and first port bounce happens at about 30 seconds, but then it bounces again about every 30 seconds. Watchdog is not waiting the 300 second startup interval.

Seems to have been working on 1.4.2.

Please Assist.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:11 pm

jagman2020 wrote:So you say nothing in the firmware would cause that..
Not sure how you can make that assumption..

Because the switches use a "switch core chip" as do most switch manufacturers, this is not a software switch.

We use the VSC-742X switch core: https://www.microsemi.com/products/ethe ... 16-mhz-cpu

Port speed negotiations is all handled inside the switch core software which is written by Vitesse, we do not have access to modify this from one firmware version to the next.

All our UI / CLI does is configure the switch core features. Now our UI can tell the switch core to put a port in Auto or fixed speed duplex mode which is not recommended. After the firmware upgrade the switch would do a software reboot dropping all the port connections then renegotiate the port connections. If you had the port configured to Auto then when the reboot occurred the switch would drop the connection then try and re-negotiate the best speed possible. If it failed to negotiate 100 FD then something caused this to happen such as noise on the line or the device the switch is talking to failed to negotiate 100 FD and dropped to 100 HD?

Our firmware is simply a user interface to configure the switch core functions.

jagman2020 wrote:Simply put the switch working fine all ports working fine..
Upgrade the firmware and ports set to auto change the speeds to 100 half duplex and have lots of errors.
If I force to 100 full then no issues..
I did not have to do that before the firmware upgrade..

So obviously something in the firmware upgrade has changed something on the switch.. be whatever it is.. That has caused this.

I caution you against hard coding port speeds to 100 FD, if there is noise on the line and the link drops it sometimes simply drops and that's that and does not reconnect which is why the industry warns about hard coding speed duplex except in very rare circumstances.

Also I am not sure from your description if you said the port configuration changed from the reboot after firmware upgrade which is not possible. We never change the port configuration from what ever the user sets it to. The only exception to this is Flow Control Storm protection which will DISABLE Flow Control if the switch detects massive Pause Frames coming from the radio/device which also will cause the link to drop then renegotiate.

Now if you are saying the port configuration did not change from Auto to 100 HD but merely negotiated to 100 HD this is possible but I would want to find out why.

Possible causes for poor Ethernet negotiation:
1) Bad cable or end
2) Noise on the line either ground current or from radio broadcast equipment on the same tower or electrical lines running in parallel to Ethernet cable.

But as far as the switch negotiating at a slower speed has nothing to do with our firmware changes as port speed/duplex negotiation is handled in hardware and the switch core software which is not accessible to us.

Julian

Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:29 pm

jschroeter wrote:PING WATCHDOG

We are having issues with ping watchdog where it seems that the start up interval is not happening.

Settings are to ping an address Startup = 300 Interval = 10 Failures = 3 Action =Bounce

Upon testing I ping an address that I can turn off, and first port bounce happens at about 30 seconds, but then it bounces again about every 30 seconds. Watchdog is not waiting the 300 second startup interval.

Seems to have been working on 1.4.2.

Please Assist.

this has been duplicated and is being looked into.

Next
Return to Hardware and software issues