Native VLAN

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
josh
Associate
Associate

Re: Native VLAN

Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:03 pm

Side note: The Performant hardware/software is no longer supported. Unfortunately, I would pull it from your network. We were in the same boat.

On another note, if you collect all of your Performant devices and pay shipping to Accedian, they can flash the firmware (requires special tools) to make it a MetroNID.. which is a pretty pricey device.

Rory

Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:59 pm

I wanted to drop another note in regards to this issue. I am not yet done with my testing, but I have found several types of traffic being passed (untagged) out a port with only tagged vlans on it. This is obviously not by design. I am currently performing more tests (the more evidence the better), and working with Eric to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

So I can confirm that there is some weirdness in relation to a port with all tagged vlans. I can also confirm that I have been able to get it to work somewhat by tweaking things from the command line, so it appears that this issue is very fixable. I am evaluating some of our code, and I have found a couple mistaken assumptions that our programmer made in regards to vlan settings. We'll cut him some slack, after all hardware and software guys are two different animals.

So no fixes as of yet, but good progress and prognosis.

I'll be in touch.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:22 pm

Hi Nelson,

Rory sent you v1.0.5rc1 to see if that fixes your VLAN issue. Could you please let us all know as soon as possible.

Thanks
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Rory

Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:46 pm

Sorry, I had typed this up earlier today and I swear I hit 'Submit', but I certainly don't see my post. Apologies.

But I have

We were able to drill down on the cause of the 'tagged native vlan' issue. Without boring anyone to tears, there was a utility used to configure the ports on the switch, and it made an assumption that while right most of the time, was wrong if someone wanted to tag their native vlan. AFAIK it would not have had any other impact on any current services or applications on the switch, but it would have absolutely caused the exact symptoms you reported.

You can now download firmware v1.0.5rc1 on the firmware thread.

Please let me know if there are any issues. I have tested this in a few configurations, some correct and some intentionally incorrect, and things worked as expected. I have a reasonable expectation that it will work as configured now.

Again, apologies for the delay. I certainly would not have intentionally sat on this, I was looking forward to hearing some positive feedback :smile: .

nelson05

Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:19 pm

Great news! Too late to make it up the hill tonight as this will require a physical change to take the ToughSwitch back out of the mix but it certainly sounds like this should do the trick. Thanks again for getting on it so quickly. I will be sure to report back with our findings.

Nate

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:31 am

Someone needs to call and wake up Nate and get him going up that hill!

I really want to know if this firmware fixes his issue!

WAKE UP NATE!
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:21 pm

Come on Mr. Nelson stop hiding behind the time differential thing, that whole "we are 3 hours behind you guys on the East Coast" thing is no excuse!

You should have been up at 4:00 AM, ate breakfast drank your coffee and been out your door by 4:30 AM!

A lot of people are waiting on your answer! :arf:

nelson05

Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:05 pm

Hi Guys...sorry, I know you were hoping for feedback ASAP but other things came up. Was going to throw 1.05rc1 on and see if it did the trick after making the change on the ToughSwitch to the Native VLAN being tagged, but I couldn’t take the risk of something going wrong.

Yesterday I could have taken some time and snuck away but today was a no go. Again, sorry- would like to know as much as you. I’ll try to make that piece later tonight and then do the actual physical change which will take the ToughSwitch out of the mix tomorrow morning and then we will know for sure things are good.

josh
Associate
Associate

Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:52 pm

Chris did you die?

Sirhc is avoiding my PM's :(

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:02 pm

josh wrote:Chris did you die?

Sirhc is avoiding my PM's :(

I thought I answered all my PMs????????
I am not ignoring you!

But I am working like a mad man!

These first few hundred switches I personally have to hand assemble and box and ship!
I am very strung out!

PreviousNext
Return to Hardware and software issues