WS-12-250-AC Cleans up my corner

Forum rules
THIS FORUM IS FOR PICTURES AND STORIES ONLY, PLEASE DO NOT POST QUESTIONS HERE!
WisTech
Associate
Associate

WS-12-250-AC Cleans up my corner

Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:50 am

Have a 685AVR in the corner of a sitting room on the other side of my fireplace at home with a ton of crap plugged into it. Wife griped and said I need to clean up the corner. I have keystone wall jacks for each wired device in the house including the AF5 on the roof, and a test Airprism AP up on the chimney. I just recently replaced my ER-Lite for an ER-X for shaping, uplinked to a Toughswitch Pro, and uplinked to a Toughswitch 5. I have a UAP-AC and two Dahua 3MP bullet cams that require 48V, and have an additional UAP in my daughter's closet that requires 24, but have to wire my video server (HP Elitedesk 800 Mini with a 3TB external), uplink to a 750GL in my office for the boys and my computers, etc., my Ooma Telo, and the boy's Roku 3.

So... What I did. 86'd the TS-Pro, the TS-5, moved the video server and hard drive to my closet top shelf along with my Tablo DVR and it's hard drive where I have another Roku 3 wired into network. I then created two 'midspans' via vlans, one to replace the AF5 POE Brick on ports 1 and 2, and the Airprism's brick on ports 3 and 4. Works like a freaking champ, just as Chris has stated. Everything is up and running, and the only major gripe I have is can I get some special firmware to slow that fan down Chris? My wife was thrilled I cleaned up the corner with just a router and the 12 port switch (with all ports filled now), but the noise is killing her (women) hahaha, I can't win. Board temp is 47C, CPU is 69C and PHY is 67C, fan RPM is 5700RPM.

I'd take pics and show everyone, but I'm embarrassed because I have it all rigged together with 7' coboc cables and crap, you all know how it is.

Return to WISP Switch™