Netonix For Utility

Forum rules
THIS FORUM IS FOR PICTURES AND STORIES ONLY, PLEASE DO NOT POST QUESTIONS HERE!
toddfeist

Netonix For Utility

Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:01 pm

I recently started working for a utility. We have many remote sites utilizing point to multi-point radios for connectivity. While we aren't a traditional WISP we have a WISP-like network used to support critical infrastructure and control systems. It was evident early on that our existing sites switches were in need of attention - a mix of vendors, some generic, some hubs, some nice switches with default configs, it was a mess. I was familiar with Netonix switches but hadn't implemented in a production environment. When deciding on replacements I needed flexibility, stability, consistency and something that was cost efficient. We're in a desert environment so heat is a concern. Our sites have a variety of power available and space is typically a premium. I needed to have the ability to DIN rail mount and wanted a consistent vendor across all sites to simplify configurations. I also wanted to power the radios from the switch rather than using the existing power bricks.

In the past few months I've slowly replaced the switches at nearly all our sites, consolidating 31 down to 27 in the process with a mix of Netonix switches based on site requirements. We utilize a variety of power supplies and DIN mounts to fit the switches in every enclosure we have. Thanks to Netonix Manager I have a single pane of glass for monitoring, upgrades and configuration (not perfect yet, but it's a great tool). And of course the cost was pocket change compared to other options. The new switches have already helped to clean up several issues we didn't know existed before and I finally have a network I feel confident in.

Netonix.PNG

A typical site...
Netonix3.jpg

My trophy wall...
Netonix2.jpg

Dave
Employee
Employee

Re: Netonix For Utility

Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:18 pm

thanks for this post....looks nice

fvelasco

Re: Netonix For Utility

Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:10 am

A Scadapack 32. That's a good PLC. What type of radios are you using?

Return to WISP Switch™