12 Port Installation

Forum rules
THIS FORUM IS FOR PICTURES AND STORIES ONLY, PLEASE DO NOT POST QUESTIONS HERE!
iggy05

12 Port Installation

Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:57 pm

So here is my installation. This might be more information than needed but I figured it would make a good story. Picked up one of the 12 port WISP Switchs. I probably should of went 24 port now that I think about it but it will work out. Mainly I would need to have the 24 to cover some backup links but the 12 will at least cover the primary connections for now. The biggest draw for me was the fact these switches should be good in harsher environments. The building does not have any air or heat. I am up in central WI so we have tough winters and hot as hell summers. Well maybe not as hot as down south but it gets hot enough!

Anyway this is not our central Fiber NOC but this is our central wireless hub for the majority of our connections but not all. We used to have a wireless link connected back to the old store but we dropped fiber at this site last winter to add it to our ring so it is really awesome now. :hurray: The county used to own this site and we rented on it but we ended up picking it up for a hell of a deal and got a few renters out of it too. Lets just say there was no exchange of $$ on it. :D The site and tower was built in 1958 so it has been around for awhile and is old but has been working for us very well for the past 10 years.

Moving on... so the first photo is the building that it will be going in. As you can see it is a basic 1950's building.

Next is the box everything is housed in...

And last is the switch. So far this is just connecting one connection back home to a small repeater on my managers house so we can keep a closer watch on it for a week. If it works out we are going to be moving the rest at the end of the week. Image

I will take another picture once everything is move.

Return to WISP Switch™