A Happy NOC = Happy Me

Forum rules
THIS FORUM IS FOR PICTURES AND STORIES ONLY, PLEASE DO NOT POST QUESTIONS HERE!
Magician
Associate
Associate

A Happy NOC = Happy Me

Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:02 am

400a.PNG
400a
400a.PNG (402.99 KiB) Viewed 13314 times
Chris,

Man you did it after years of begging people for a "WISP" POE switch with a kick ass feature set you nailed it!! Imagine being able to power AF'S , SAF and other 48HV'S at the same time powering 48v and 24v passive devices and the ability to show power consumption!.

I first placed this on my NOC last week and started with a few AF's as a test before powering all (4) at the noc. Peak hours are running at about 600-700 Mbps traffic load and reporting 200-220 watt loading. I am still tweaking my monitoring software on this unit put will post once complete. I must admit this is a solid entry and will give wisps a solid platform at towers on everything from operating temperatures / active cooling to straight forward configuration and management.

- Ability to upgrade firmware without dropping power to the ports!!! Now upgrading firmware have <5 second interruption of traffic flow!! No more 4 am upgrades for me
- Slick straight forward interface that is user friendly to the masses.
- Designed by a wisp for wisp approach with brutal honesty from you and your staff.

Wishlist:
- change 48Vh blinking red light to a solid red once link is up as for me a red blinking light is an error :) Man every time I walk past the server room I do a :yikes: until I notice which device is blinking.
- heck while your at it lets add a trickle charger for a battery bank like the digital logger unit :). I know there is a dc version in the works but at my noc it would be nice to have a efficient power bank in event of extended outage.

More to follow on monitoring and how its going but its been a LONG day and I need rest.
Attachments
sweet.PNG
sweet.PNG (23.38 KiB) Viewed 13314 times

Magician
Associate
Associate

Re: A Happy NOC = Happy Me

Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:25 pm

Still rocking and blinking red :)
Attachments
todate.PNG
todate.PNG (44.23 KiB) Viewed 13256 times

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:47 pm

Magician wrote:Still rocking and blinking red :)

Then you must not be running 1.0.5rc2??
I thought we changed that in 1.0.5rc2
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Magician
Associate
Associate

Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:33 pm

i have not upgraded yet as I have been so busy and its working great. But I will tonight :)

Return to WISP Switch™