WS-24-400A at a glance

Forum rules
THIS FORUM IS FOR PICTURES AND STORIES ONLY, PLEASE DO NOT POST QUESTIONS HERE!
sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: WS-24-400A at a glance

Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:54 pm

lligetfa wrote:With firmware version 1.0.7 the fans are so quiet that I had to go down in the crawlspace to hear them. Too bad I gave up the top shelf where I wanted to put it.

Yea the next thing we are going to do with the fans is I need to sit and run them at all different RPM's and find the BAD RPM's that cause harmonics.....the werr werrr sound you hate and remove those speeds from being used which should remove vibration and that annoying sound you hate.

Also the logging is being put in but there needs to be some work done on it. Make it more human readable and remove message that make no sense to log.

Logging will be an ongoing improvement process but should be done by end of year.

Our goal is to stabilize this firmware for the WISP Switches by end of year then make a list of features to add over the next couple months. Also durring this time we should be announcing more switches including the DC versions.

Sometime in Q1 we will ship out prototypes of the CAP (Customer AP) with the POE wan port and optional FXS port.

By Q2 we will officially announce our TOWER Switch line.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Re: WS-24-400A at a glance

Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:23 pm

sirhc wrote:
lligetfa wrote:With firmware version 1.0.7 the fans are so quiet that I had to go down in the crawlspace to hear them. Too bad I gave up the top shelf where I wanted to put it.

Yea the next thing we are going to do with the fans is I need to sit and run them at all different RPM's and find the BAD RPM's that cause harmonics.....the werr werrr sound you hate and remove those speeds from being used which should remove vibration and that annoying sound you hate...

OK, here is the result of rc10. Fans are running around 2000 RPM slower and they run very quiet with no syncopating.

Selection_004.jpg
Selection_004.jpg (50.22 KiB) Viewed 5070 times

Previous
Return to WISP Switch™