WS-12-250AC to WS-6-MINI

Forum rules
THIS FORUM IS FOR PICTURES AND STORIES ONLY, PLEASE DO NOT POST QUESTIONS HERE!
robuster

WS-12-250AC to WS-6-MINI

Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:31 am

Hi All, and greetings from Australia.

I came across your Netonix gear just recently purely by accident. I was looking for a powered by POE switch and POE switch to setup a link between buildings and to power a soon to be installed Ubiquiti - UniFi CCTV and Wifi solution at a local hobby club - Altona Miniature Railway - www.altonaminiaturerailway.com.au that I am the President of.

I purchased the two switches last week and installed them this last Saturday.

The WS-6-Mini is located in the centre point of our location and currently connects our ticketbox and club house. I like the ease of setup and how they work, I tested the link and it works great.

Only showing the uplinks connected. Will add a radio and camera here.

The setup and weather proof housing

Goodbye switch

The club house which is powering the Mini due to now power in the area. I haven't yet purchased camera's but they will be added in good time.

Switch in the rack with the rack kit.

I will be purchasing another two WS-12-250AC's - 1 to replace the switch in our ticket box (where our internet is) for running cameras, 2 - one for our workshop which will connect to the mini above and another WS-6-Mini for our station which will be powered from the Ticket Box.

Overall the costs are cheaper then having to run additional power for one device.

Great products and look forward to using more of them when I start rolling out an IP Signalling System.

Kind regards,

Rob

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: WS-12-250AC to WS-6-MINI

Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:31 am

Thanks Rob and the install look great but be careful when connecting two building together and make sure you do not connect the Earth Grounds as it will damage the switches.

Read this post on this subject:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1816

Here are some other good posts on grounding:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=188
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1429
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

robuster

Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:07 pm

Thanks.

Both buildings have the same ground and the same power source. Surge protection has now been installed.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:52 pm

How far apart are buildings?

Normally separate buildings have separate electrical meters and service panels?
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

robuster

Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:55 pm

Buildings are about 20 meters apart and all share the same earth stake from a central location.

We only have one meter on our incoming feed at the rear of the property.

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:57 am

I am a little confused by the pictures. One pic shows the housing bolted to the wall. Another pic shows the MINI on the cover side. Then another picture shows it buttoned up but I cannot see any screw heads or nuts on the front. Either you changed your mind and mounted it to the back or you mounted it with tape to the front. The MINI uses the bottom of its chassis to transfer heat and so it should have good thermal contact with the housing and not be held in place by tape or float loose inside.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:10 pm

lligetfa wrote:I am a little confused by the pictures. One pic shows the housing bolted to the wall. Another pic shows the MINI on the cover side. Then another picture shows it buttoned up but I cannot see any screw heads or nuts on the front. Either you changed your mind and mounted it to the back or you mounted it with tape to the front. The MINI uses the bottom of its chassis to transfer heat and so it should have good thermal contact with the housing and not be held in place by tape or float loose inside.

I think he just had it laying in the lid before he screwed it to the wall mounted side?

robuster

Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:33 pm

Evening Guys,

Correct - The Mini is bolted to the rear of housing which is the wall side. It isn't sitting free in the housing.

I took the above photos prior to mounting it in the housing while undertaking a test.

Return to WISP Switch™