Another Switch Install. WS-12-250-DC

Forum rules
THIS FORUM IS FOR PICTURES AND STORIES ONLY, PLEASE DO NOT POST QUESTIONS HERE!
slarner

Another Switch Install. WS-12-250-DC

Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:35 pm

Here i am again. And ive just had a message about winning a free switch.

We have just installed a 500Mbit link into one of our villages. This site used to run off a Mikrotik RB850Gx2 with a RB260GSP. But the whole thing was throttling the speed down to 271Mbits through the router. So i scratched my head a bit.

So i came up with an idea which i didnt 100% know if it was actually going to work. So here goes...

First of all this site is ran off DC only due to the power being a bit dodgy and a UPS being a waste of power. Ive had good results in the past using 24V PSU with a 24v solar charge controller so this is what i did.

We ended up with a CCR1009 running at 48V off the WS-12-250DC using 48VH.

Also on the site we have 2xRocket M5's 1x Rocket AC PTMP and 1x NanoBeam M5. This is now allowing the full 500Mbits through the router!

The best thing was being able to dump the power brick for the SIAE licensed radio. This is also plugged into the switch using 48VH

Here is a picture it might make more sense! Sorry its not the best! i was quite fed up of the grain dust by this stage. Sorry about the wood in the cabinet too! one with proper rack rails was silly money!

Here is the switch interface:

Here is a pic of the mast too. The AC sector is the one with the shield on!

Last edited by slarner on Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Another Switch Install. WS-12-250-DC

Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:40 pm

Excellent post!

Yea WISPs are a breed apart being able to make due with what is available and small budgets, referring to the wooden rails.

My towers and boxes are MUCH better today then they were 15 years ago where standard procedure usually involved duct tape! :crazy:
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

slarner

Re: Another Switch Install. WS-12-250-DC

Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:47 pm

You dont want to see what ive done to the case of one of the 6 Port mini switches then! just to make it fit in our outdoor boxes. hehe

Its very rare we ever install anything in its standard form. It normally needs modifying to fit our purpose!

Return to WISP Switch™