First Solar Site

Forum rules
THIS FORUM IS FOR PICTURES AND STORIES ONLY, PLEASE DO NOT POST QUESTIONS HERE!
Dawizman
Experienced Member

First Solar Site

Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:32 pm

I thought some of you may be interested in this. Here are a few pictures from our first solar tower setup. The tower is custom engineered by our company, and manufactured by a company that manufactures power-line towers, and then assembled by us at our shop before being hauled to site and assembled. Our total cost on the tower is much cheaper than that of your typical self supported tower from a tower manufacturing company. This particular tower is 140ft tall and overlooks a large lakefront subdivision that has poor cellular, and no internet service (and I happen to own property down there as well).

Not pictured is the battery bank. I never took any photos of it. We are running 8 Rolls S6-460 460Ah batteries wired in series for a 48 volt system. The solar panels are china no-name 200 watt panels. We have seen in excess of 1300 watts on a sunny day, so they do work pretty well. The whole array is about 10ft x 10ft.

Dave
Employee
Employee

Re: First Solar Site

Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:42 pm

sweet

Dave
Employee
Employee

Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:43 pm

except I don't see an "earth" ground connection wire going to the netonix switch front panel earth ground screw.....

Dawizman
Experienced Member

Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:37 am

Dave wrote:except I don't see an "earth" ground connection wire going to the netonix switch front panel earth ground screw.....

I was wondering if somebody would pick that up. Everything has since been properly bonded and grounded. I forgot, as I often do, to take pictures when I'm working though.

Return to WISP Switch™