Been a Busy Year

Forum rules
THIS FORUM IS FOR PICTURES AND STORIES ONLY, PLEASE DO NOT POST QUESTIONS HERE!
iggy05

Been a Busy Year

Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:54 pm

Well we are finally winding down on upgrades and additions to our wisp for the year and I finally have time where I can do a review and discuss on how these switches have helped up this year. So this is what we installed this year...

2 - 24 ports AC
2 - 12 ports AC
3 - 8 Port AC
6 - 6 port

A lot of them were for new builds but a number of them replaced tough switches. We decided we would not replace the tough switches unless it was totally necessary due to the flow control issues or if a tough switch dies. This year was a bad year for deaths a 3 of the tough switches died on us. One died literally right when I was replacing one due to flow control issues. I was unpacking the Netonix 8 port and double checking all of my configuration settings for a fast and easy replace and I looked over at the tough switch and it died right then and there. I went into :willy: mode at that point and had to replace it fast but I think in the end it must of been fate. lol

Anyways really awesome devices. I can't say that enough. I think back about 2 years ago when we first starting to deploy our first 5.8 AP setup at the bottom of our fiber feed tower and I had a heck of a time figuring out why the downloads were so screwy compared to the upload. Here it was a tough switch that didn't like the 1G uplink. Sure enough we started to look at our main tower site that feed a number of backhauls to our 2.4 gear in remote locations and you could see that it was also starting to cause some issues. The only reason we didn't catch it right away is because our network was going through a major transition phase and half the backhauls were on one set of switches and the other waiting to be converted were on another.

With Netflix and large downloads, speed is becoming more and more needed and I really appreciate having these at the towers and not having to worry about issues popping up. You guys are great with requests and with all the help out in the beginning. There are very few companies out there that really do this very well and you guy are nailing it. :cheers: I still need to try and use a QnQ on a couple of particular links. We have a few dedicated backhauls that are currently on a PoE brick going right into the core switches to be able to strip off and add on the outer tag. Would be nice to get them hooked up to the Netonix if we need to remotely reboot. I am hoping one the snow flies I will have more time to work on thing like these.

A couple of pics...

One of our silo sites. We did 2 of them this year and it makes it easier to install the switch on top.

Pic of main page.

Our Main Tower Site Page. Humming along passing 80m+ off the uplink port.

This is a DC site that is going to have a 8 or 12 port DC Switch put in before the end of the year. We did this one a few months ago. We have a Cellular setup too that we run out of it. We also have one of the 8 port units in another one as the tough switch there failed after trying to come backup from a power outage.

Here is a full pic of that site. All those batteries and I have to use the dinky UPS until I could get a DC Switch. :roll:

Return to WISP Switch™