CAP ISSUE

mike99
Associate
Associate

Re: CAP ISSUE

Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:35 pm

ste wrote:Here in Germany we need/use Consumer Devices which include DECT for Wireless Telephony so CAP is no option.

Why not just plug a DECT phone to the FXS or use a native IP/SIP DECT phone like Snom or Grandstream ? The're don't seem to be much router with DECT. The're AVM Fritz!Box but they cost a lot.

Magician
Associate
Associate

Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:35 pm

I see a big need for these as we always have clients fiddle with cable.

Needs:
- 24V POE out on wan
- Tech access level that allows channel changes and reboot only via wan. ( Managed router for clients) Do not want lan / wifi access or creds possible via radius to noc)
- Dual high gain antennas for clients ( Dual Band)

Wants:
- SNMP - Syslog
- DDOS - Flood Protection
- POE on (1) Lan port for possible Unifi etc

I have been looking for a standard router for clients with multi user accounts designed for small to medium providers allowing provisioning etc. I see us using 30-50 a month if feature set there. I would be more than happy to test :)

Also the issue you are seeing I observed with AirRouters until firmware 5.35 if that helps.

ste

Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:18 am

mike99 wrote:
ste wrote:Here in Germany we need/use Consumer Devices which include DECT for Wireless Telephony so CAP is no option.

Why not just plug a DECT phone to the FXS or use a native IP/SIP DECT phone like Snom or Grandstream ? The're don't seem to be much router with DECT. The're AVM Fritz!Box but they cost a lot.

AVM has a channel program for ISPs. They are affordable and have everything included in one device + 5 years guaranty. You can connect 6 DECT Phones wireless to a Fritz!Box. If you take their phones you share one Adressbook on the handsets. So a customer installation is more simple. And they have a webinterface in german language.

mike99
Associate
Associate

Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:33 am

ste wrote:
mike99 wrote:
ste wrote: If you take their phones you share one Adressbook on the handsets.

That the same for all DECT system since DECT isn't TCP/IP. In a DECT system, only the controler can have a IP address and it will also handle all the SIP registration for the DECT phones. That why you normally can't upgrade DECT phone via controller and must use a local port on the phone like USB cable.

Previous
Return to Hardware and software issues