WS-12-250-DC won't power on after power failure

terbonium

WS-12-250-DC won't power on after power failure

Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:36 am

I have a WS-12-250-DC powered from a lithium battery bank (12-14V) The other day the low voltage protection for the battery bank kicked in at 12V and disconnected power to the WS-12-250-DC. When the batteries were recharged and power restored, the WS-12-250-DC would not boot up. Internally on the power board there are two green LEDs. When power is first connected the 2 green LEDs illuminate. One goes out and then blinks once every 30 seconds. The green LED and no switch port LEDs ever illuminate.

I've attempted a cold-reset by holding the reset button for 15 seconds while applying power. Nothing changes.

Is the unit possibly stuck in some hibernation low voltage mode?

No other equipment on the battery bank was affected and much of it has much narrower input voltage specs.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: WS-12-250-DC won't power on after power failure

Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:59 pm

So what appears to be is the flash on the power supply is corrupted. - JUST A GUESS

This sometimes rarely occurs when power is flicked on and off rapidly to the power supply. Another way this could occur is people spark it during connection to the batter or power source which is why we recommend quick connect/disconnects like breakers or switches.

If the unit you use to shut down DC power did not do a clean disconnect but rather flickered power on and off rapidly this can occur.

If this is the issue there is no user fix as it requires special equipment to re-flash the power supply.

If the unit is not too old you can RMA it, if it is past our repair period a new power supply would be required which you can purchase from the web store but before I did that I would verify the unit (switch board) was not damaged by using say the AC power supply from a WS-12-250-AC to power up the switch board.

https://netonix.com/replacemet-parts/ps-250w-dc.html
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

terbonium

Re: WS-12-250-DC won't power on after power failure

Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:26 pm

Thank you for the explanation. The unit was permanently installed when the failure occurred. The power cut off would have been quick. The lithium bank is protected by Victron MOSFET based battery protect. The unit is only 30 days old and I did create an RMA. The hitch is that the unit is installed aboard a vessel currently outside US waters. I ordered a WS-12-DC as a replacement and tapped into an existing DC-DC 48V power supply that is available in the server room. Everything is working great at the moment.

What is the time frame to return the unit for RMA(#20200074). I would still like to have a repaired unit on hand as a backup, however I am in no hurry now because we have a working system, and shipping internationally from the Caribbean is complicated. We should be returning to the US by November/December.

Return to Hardware and software issues