Strange behavior MINI

jma

Re: Strange behavior MINI

Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:42 am

We have tested this extensively now.
With a 1G Ethernet link on each port is the same as with four 1G connections and one 100Mbps connection: we have lockup several times a day. The switch then reboots automatically after being locked up between 10 and 20 minutes.
So after one day, we started with the cooling again.
With cooling it is a different story: In 7 days we have had only 2 incidents with locking up but each time the switch needed a reboot after more than 45 minutes because it didn't come back.
During lock up no leds are working. Switch is cool.

I have now ordered a WS-12-250 AC. Arrives next week. I hope this will solve our problems finally.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:13 pm

Would be nice if you could RMA those units. You can send them via postal mail if you like as they are small
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

jma

Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:32 am

Hi Chris, problems are solved after putting 3 ports in 1G and 2 ports in 100M-F (and we kept cooling). Almost 4 days without any problem now.
As soon as we have received the 12 port switch I will send this MINI switch to you.

jma

Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:19 pm

Hi Chris, as mentioned in my previous post, we had no more problems with the MINI after putting 3 ports in 1G and 2 ports in 100M-F.
Not a single time in more than one month now.
Because the problems were completely solved we have not immediately replaced the MINI with the 12-port but today we did so.
Do you still want me to send you the MINI? Or is the information that I have given you enough?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:31 pm

jma wrote:Hi Chris, as mentioned in my previous post, we had no more problems with the MINI after putting 3 ports in 1G and 2 ports in 100M-F.
Not a single time in more than one month now.
Because the problems were completely solved we have not immediately replaced the MINI with the 12-port but today we did so.
Do you still want me to send you the MINI? Or is the information that I have given you enough?

I would RMA it and have us repair it.

If it is the 3V CAP issue the repair is free.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Previous
Return to Hardware and software issues