WS-6 mini dropping ethernet connections

SpecialK

WS-6 mini dropping ethernet connections

Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:32 pm

I have a WS-6 mini Rev F with firmware 1.4.6 powered by a UBNT 50v AirFiber POE brick that has been working fine with 2 Rocket AC Prism Gen 2 radios.
Last Friday we installed a 3rd Prism Gen 2 radio and started getting problems with the switch dropping ethernet connection but the radios remain powered up.
Obviously all communication is lost until a power cycle.
We have replaced the POE brick and the same problems continue.
It is also showing 24V is out of range (22.8)

We have replaced the unit and now the second unit which is running 1.4.7 and hardware rev F is working better, as we have not lost connection yet but we did just start to receive the 24v out of range problem. It took 2 days before we saw the 24v out of range problem.

I understand from searching the forums we can load test them on the bench.
Is there a way to identify these from the batch with bad caps while they are in the air?
I also have new ones coming but would rather not put them on a tower without knowing if they are from the same batch.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: WS-6 mini dropping ethernet connections

Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:51 pm

We had a batch of WS-6-MINI that had defective 3.3V CAP

Read this post, #2
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2591&hilit=common+most+rma#p18176

My guess is this that #2 is your issue?

If this is the issue we extended that warranty for the life of the switch as it was our BAD.

Sadly you will need to RMA it, instruction to RMA are located here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1259#p9343
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Return to Hardware and software issues