Setup on WS-26-400-AC

dixonauction

Setup on WS-26-400-AC

Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:08 pm

We have a business with a ubiquiti network setup that are using dumb switches and a bunch of poe injectors that I want to replace. I'm not a pro by any means but I'm the tech guy here and was told to go with a netonix switch over a ubiquiti one. I'm just trying to log in to the admin console and the ip 192.168.1.20 pulls nothing for me in multiple browsers and multiple computers. Does this switch have a different ip or am I doing something wrong? I don't have it plugged into the network yet I was just trying to update the firmware before I did anything else.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Setup on WS-26-400-AC

Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:40 pm

You must be doing something wrong.

Make sure your PC IP is in the same subnet and there is no IP conflict
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

dixonauction

Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:39 pm

So I'm a little confused. It seems the only time I can get into the gui is when I supply internet to it. Either that or it takes over 10 minutes for a computer to recognize it after being plugged in. Is this really a thing? I wouldn't think that a switch would either take that long to fully initialize or that you have to be part of a network to get to it. I managed to update the firmware so that isn't the issue, but I just unplugged it and attempted it again and it definitely didn't seem to let me in until after I became frustrated enough to plug it into another switch that is associated with the network.

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:51 pm

If the switch is not connected to any network and you plug your PC into it with the intention of accessing it, you have to give your PC a static IP in the same subnet. Once the switch has been assigned a unique IP in the subnet that it is to reside in, then the PC needs its IP changed to match the residing network.

Do keep in mind that IP setting changes could auto-revert depending on the revert timer setting so you either need to disable the revert timer or be quick about it.

dixonauction

Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:53 pm

Got it, thanks.

Return to Hardware and software issues