UBNT HACKED

Ubiquiti Networks® is not associated with Netonix® in any way.
sirhc
Employee
Employee

UBNT HACKED

Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:35 pm

Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

rebelwireless
Experienced Member

Re: UBNT HACKED

Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:43 pm

I'm wondering if this has had a serious effect on delivery of products. That's a lot of scratch, way more than they can write down on tax obligations.

I'm shocked that more businesses don't do some basic security training for anyone handling 'real' money. There are zero situations where giving login information to someone you haven't personally met are acceptable in business.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:50 pm

Actually that is only about 10% of UBNT cash reserve. Last I heard they were closing in 400 MILLION in China.
Now 250 MILLION is secured against a loan they got here in the states for dividends, stock buybacks and such but where as 40 MILLION is a stinger not really a punch in the gut for them.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

rebelwireless
Experienced Member

Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:53 pm

ah, but they have shareholders, so there will be an expectation of dividends and investments etc. 40M could severely cramp their development or investor relations.. After telling investors they lost the money in the first place, I would expect that they will want to minimize how much they ding investor profits and lean on development a bit.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:55 pm

They will recover most of the money I suspect

JustJoe
Experienced Member

Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:02 pm

Now I am wondering how much of the UBNT pipeline, either inbound or outbound, goes through Tianjin?

Even if none of it is directly affected, the Soviet Union had Chernobyl and Gdansk Poland shipyard uprisings sounding the death-knell.

Looking at the hushed worsening social and political situation in China, might Tianjin be the Chinese peoples' last straw?

But you can bet the current regime in China won't go down without a major war, either internal, or provoked with Japan as a distraction.

I wonder where will UBNT factories go then? Let's seeeee, where are the manufacturing waste disposal costs the lowest? :wink:

What's more important, where are we going to buy shoes for our soldiers?

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:47 pm

I wonder what the devalued chinese currency will do for Ubiquiti's bottom line. It should make the product made there cheaper for them but it may depend on how much money they have tied up in chinese currency.

Return to airMAX™