Ti sector vs normal

Ubiquiti Networks® is not associated with Netonix® in any way.
mynameisplayer

Ti sector vs normal

Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:53 pm

Sirhc, if you guys have run up tests in a chamber then I'm hoping you have an answer based on results, as opposed to all the opinions ( all positive ) from your customers. I would like an opinion on performance of the 5G-19-120 vs the v5g-ti. If they were both equiped with armor, any difference? The same question applies to the AC Rocket dish and 5g30 - even though it's a 1dB quoted difference. The return loss in the spec sheets seem to be the major difference I can see. Thanks

mynameisplayer

Re: Ti sector vs normal

Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:56 pm

Sorry, I've only just seen viewtopic.php?f=5&t=158&p=369#p369. Any opinion on the dishes? Thanks

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:20 pm

The forward gain on both sectors is the same.
And when you put shield kits on both they are about equal in noise attenuation.

HOWEVER, when you put a shield kit on the legacy sector the kit cleans up the 6 dB loss at the widest part of the sector horizontal beam to about 3dB loss MAJOR INPROVEMENT.
On the Ti sectors the kits do not improve the 6 dB drop off at all.
So in conclusion why pay the extra money for a Ti sector unless you need 60 degree beam which I never use.

On the Rocket Dish with RF Armor Kit verses AC Rocket Dish without a kit.
Forward gain performance all but the same.
Ability to block noise shooting across the bow very similar.
But the AC Dish has no box around the radio.....FAIL! :tounge:
Once again you pay about the same for either configuration, I prefer the legacy dish with kit because it is a complete solution. :hurray:
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

mynameisplayer

Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:31 am

Ken Awesome! Almost all the answers I needed, just need someone to explain routing, network design, licensing law requirements, customer contracts......but at least I can decide on hardware. :)

Return to airMAX™