Device not accessible remotely

legacyisp

Device not accessible remotely

Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:03 pm

Could anyone help with my situation. New to the product, and we have been changing out our toughswitches with the Wisp switch. We cannot see why the Netonix switches cannot be accessed through cmd line or through the GUI when trying to access them remotely. We can access all tough switches that are still in service. Any help would be appreciated. I have attached pictures of the setup.
Attachments
Toughswitch 2.JPG
Toughswitch 1.JPG
Maypearl6.JPG
Maypearl3.JPG

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Device not accessible remotely

Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:17 pm

Because with our switch the TOP VLAN, the one you can not delete but can change the ID and Description, is the Default/Management VLAN and the only VLAN that switch UI/CLI will respond to.

Simply change the Default VLAN ID from 1 to 10 and there you go.

Just because you created a VLAN and gave it an ID of 10 and named it Management does not mean our switch will respond to the VLAN. THe description you put in is for human reference and does not mean anything to the switch.

UBNT just gives you the option to change which VLAN the switch UI/CLI responds to which is sort of silly in my opinion. Since the switch will ALWAYS need one VLAN why not make that VLAN the management VLAN and undeletable and always at the top of the list or so we figured.

Also you do realize you might as well not use VLANs when you make every port a Trunk Port and tell it to pass all VLANs.

The whole idea of VLANs is to segregate traffic which you are defeating this concept.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

isaacu

Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:43 pm

YEah, I'm having the same issue. I don't see a resolution here.
I have a MT router facing a Netonix Switch with 4 APs connected to it. I have added an additional VLAN1, changed the top VLAN to 10, put a VLAN10 interface on the MT router under the Ethernet facing the Netonix, and enabled trunking on the first 4 ports. The intended purpose is to pass traffic to subscribers and have a management VLAN that is separate from the customers.

isaacu

Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:53 pm

Disabled trunking, built a native, Tagg/Untag and I'm going... Trunking was the issue..

Return to General Discussion