Firmware Road Map

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Firmware Road Map

Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:46 pm

highlands wrote:New product request.
We use lots of licensed microwave that is not compatible with the PoE switches. Maybe a 'box' that would connect to the WS-12-250-DC or the WS-12-DC and connect bus wise and provide 4 to 8 SPDT type connections with power monitoring. This could be some sort of add on or a complete new product. But I think if you have the WS-12-250-DC consume half the rack space and then create a accessory or option that can some how connect to the bus on the current product so that base product you presently have just 'extends' its self to an accessory or option box next to it, you could leverage your currently great product with new abilities. Lets be honest your current WISP Switch line up have processors, memory and code that is 'loafing it's meat' and is not be utilized even at 20%. To have it use MIBs to do monitoring and control would not add 10 to 20% more to them.

Interesting, will ponder this one.

highlands - DID NOT DIGEST THIS YET HAVE TO GET HOME WILL COME BACK AND READ LATER wrote:16 Digital out, 8 logic level outs and then 4 relays rated at 5 to 10amps and 4 rated at 10 to 20amp
16 Digital inputs (door open, generator issues, motion sensors, fault indicators, ETC.)
16 analog inputs (room temp, current level from a solar panel or wind generator, ETC)

This new option with the current basic switch would be one stop shopping to cover almost everyone's needs. Right now many of us use TP-DIN or raspberry pi, or Denkovi, to monitor our sites, with this type of option you would do it all except for the solar chargers and controllers. For those just provide 4 ports of RS-232 and RS-442 serial ports for communications to solar controllers and for serial access to Cisco or other manufactures routers and the data from those would flow through your device and back to the NOCC.

Then lastly add a USB port designed for remote access. Simply connect (and we pay for) a cellular modem for when all communications is lost to the site there is a built in back door to gain access to the site to get the switches, routers, microwave gear or whatever working again with out having to roll a truck! Now THERE is a complete product! Want a partner on this?

John
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

sakita
Experienced Member

Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:22 pm

Time for an updated roadmap? You've accomplished so much, what's next?

Here at our office the discussion is that the only items we're really missing (as in we miss not having them) are LLDP and DHCP relay.

BTW, regarding the previous few posts, I'll quote Mr. Scott on this one: "The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain." Remote defaulting, remote site access, site monitoring & control, etc. are all available as products for those that need them. What gets left out is often just as (if not more) important than what goes in.
Today is an average day: Worse than yesterday, but better than tomorrow.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:47 pm

sakita wrote:Time for an updated roadmap? You've accomplished so much, what's next?

Here at our office the discussion is that the only items we're really missing (as in we miss not having them) are LLDP and DHCP relay.

BTW, regarding the previous few posts, I'll quote Mr. Scott on this one: "The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain." Remote defaulting, remote site access, site monitoring & control, etc. are all available as products for those that need them. What gets left out is often just as (if not more) important than what goes in.

Things on deck for v1.4.X
We were going to put in a DHCP server but decided not, DHCP relay does make more sense.
LLDP I think is on the board
QOS
More graphs for the Device/Status Tab primarily for DC models
Extended graph periods (24 hours)
Aggregate bandwidth/pps for main Status Tab
Improved performance for web UI CLI interface
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

tma
Experienced Member

Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:59 am

For the next versions, I'd like to suggest you improve readability by showing nothing instead of "Off" in the PoE column, and nothing instead of "0" values in all the columns to the right (Watts, TX/RX ...). So the only thing that would be visible on a port that is down would be the "Down" value in the link column and the Port and Description on the left.

I know this won't help much on the smaller models where in many cases all ports are used. But on the 24-port models there is a good chance that not all ports are used and the status page would make you focus on the ports that are.

If you or other users dislike this suggestion, I would suggest to "grey out" values on unused ports, similar to how the "E" value is shown on the VLAN tab.
--
Thomas Giger

adairw
Associate
Associate

Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:32 am

Would it be possible to show the throughput per vlan? Maybe not on the main page but some other page?
Just wondering. I notice that some of our HP switches show the VLAN's when we walk them but I've never been able to get them to graph the traffic.
The netonix switches only show the physical ports on a walk. Just wondering.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:34 am

tma wrote:For the next versions, I'd like to suggest you improve readability by showing nothing instead of "Off" in the PoE column, and nothing instead of "0" values in all the columns to the right (Watts, TX/RX ...). So the only thing that would be visible on a port that is down would be the "Down" value in the link column and the Port and Description on the left.

I know this won't help much on the smaller models where in many cases all ports are used. But on the 24-port models there is a good chance that not all ports are used and the status page would make you focus on the ports that are.

If you or other users dislike this suggestion, I would suggest to "grey out" values on unused ports, similar to how the "E" value is shown on the VLAN tab.

adairw wrote:Would it be possible to show the throughput per vlan? Maybe not on the main page but some other page?
Just wondering. I notice that some of our HP switches show the VLAN's when we walk them but I've never been able to get them to graph the traffic.
The netonix switches only show the physical ports on a walk. Just wondering.

I will look into these requests

steve_mac

Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:20 pm

Just a suggestion, but perhaps a config option in the device config tab that will not allow the VH PoE modes without explicitly enabling on a switch wide basis.
Means that in order to fry a port or device on such firmware would require consciously turning on VH PoE modes and then selecting it on the port and then ignoring the warning...

Also, how about the fan speed suggestion here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=935&start=10#p10275

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:29 pm

WRT the fan speed thing, Chris and I have gone a couple of rounds :Box: on it. I would prefer an always on option. Sometimes you don't notice the fan until it stops, meaning the start/stop brings attention to it.

steve_mac

Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:56 pm

lligetfa wrote:WRT the fan speed thing, Chris and I have gone a couple of rounds :Box: on it. I would prefer an always on option. Sometimes you don't notice the fan until it stops, meaning the start/stop brings attention to it.

Perhaps the answer is to make the fan user controllable, varying from always on to mostly off.
Mostly off = off until the switch detects temperature is critical, so fan forced on to protect overheat...

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:03 pm

By always on, I meant the switch could still control the speed as needed, just not turn it off unless it got super cold. In some installs the fan kept running on a low speed might not ever need to kick it up a notch so the sound would probably go unnoticed.

PreviousNext
Return to Hardware and software issues