Native VLAN

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
nelson05

Re: Native VLAN

Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:13 am

Good News! Looks like the issue is fixed. I still haven't been able to physically get to the site to pull the ToughSwitch out of the mix but went ahead and updated the WISP Switch to 1.05rc2 tonight and modified the ToughSwitch to approximate the way the Performant equipment was configured. Specifically I tagged VLAN 1 on the ToughSwitch and also did so on the WISP Switch. This did not work previously when connected to the Performant equipment, but worked flawlessly tonight.

Again, will try to get to the site at some point in the morning to pull the ToughSwitch and then we will know for sure, but things are looking good!

nelson05

Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:21 am

By the way, one other quick comment/question:

How is the Native VLAN determined/defined on the WISP Switch. Based on my issue and some of the posts I assume it must be 1, but how can I confirm that? Is there a way to modify that currently?

Thanks again for all the work in tracking this down.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:22 am

Yes it is 1.

If you look on the VLAN Tab the fist VLAN is the Default or Management VLAN and the ID is 1.

Currently you can not disable, re-name, or re-number this VLAN but we will eventually allow people to do so.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

nelson05

Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:47 pm

Success! Just pulled out the ToughSwitch and everything is still rolling along so the issue does appear to resolved.

Again, major thanks for getting on it so quickly- I'm sorry I wasn't able to test it fully for a bit and made you all wait to hear that it was a go.

Nate

juanvi

Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:53 am

Is it posible to do it now with 1.4.0rc12???

sirhc wrote:Yes it is 1.

If you look on the VLAN Tab the fist VLAN is the Default or Management VLAN and the ID is 1.

Currently you can not disable, re-name, or re-number this VLAN but we will eventually allow people to do so.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:18 am

You can not DELETE it as you need the Management/Default VLAN but you have been able to rename and renumber it for a long time (see release notes)
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Previous
Return to Hardware and software issues