Download latest Firmware

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
sirhc
Employee
Employee

Download latest Firmware

Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:28 pm

THIS IS A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU (EITHER AN INDIVIDUAL OR AN ENTITY), THE END USER, AND NETONIX, LLC. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE FROM OUR WEB SITE AND DO NOT INSTALL THE SOFTWARE.

BY DOWNLOADING THE SOFTWARE ON THIS PAGE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE FOLLOWING:

1. Grant of License
Netonix, LLC grants to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable license, without right to sub-license, distribute or modify.

2. Title
The software is copyrighted by Netonix, LLC. Netonix, LLC retains all rights, title, and ownership of the software and all subsequent full or partial copies and derivatives of the Product, made by you or Netonix, LLC, including translations, compilations, partial copies, modifications, and updates. This license is not a sale of the software or any copy or derivative. You shall have no right to reproduce any full or partial copies of the software. You agree not to take any steps, such as reverse assembly or reverse compilation, to derive a source code equivalent of any software contained in the product.

3. Warranty Exclusion
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THIS PRODUCT IS PROVIDED "AS IS". THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, AND NETONIX, LLC DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.[/size]

4. Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL NETONIX, LLC BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT.

5. Proprietary Rights Exclusion Netonix, LLC makes no representation or warranty that the Product, or products developed using the Product, do not infringe any proprietary rights of any third parties. You shall assume sole responsibility for any such infringement.

6. Indemnification
You hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold Netonix, LLC harmless from and against any and all claims, actions, suits, liabilities, judgments, losses, damages, attorneys' fees and other expenses of every nature and character by reason of this Agreement or use by you of products utilizing the Product.

7. Export Restrictions
You shall not export, directly or indirectly, any Product or products developed using the Product to any country for which the laws of the United States or the regulations of any U.S. agency requires an export license or other governmental approval, without first obtaining such license or approval. You shall strictly comply with all such restrictions. You agree to indemnify and hold Netonix, LLC harmless against all losses, damages, penalties, or causes of action resulting from a violation of this Section.

8. U.S. Government Restricted Rights
This Product is provided with Restricted Rights. Use, duplication or disclosure by the Government is subject to restrictions as set forth in subparagraph (c)(1)(ii) of the Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software clause CA 252.227-7013 or sub-paragraphs (a) through (d) of the Commercial Computer Software -Restrictive Rights clause CA 52.227-19, as reserved under the copyright laws of the United States. Manufacturer is Netonix, LLC, 154 Earland Drive, Building 5C, New Holland, PA 17557

9. Governing Law
The validity, performance, construction and interpretation of this Agreement shall be governed by laws of the state of Pennsylvania, United States of America, excluding its conflicts of laws rules, as applied to agreements entered into in Pennsylvania between Pennsylvania residents.

NOTE: WE HAVE A NEW MIB AND OUR OWN ENTERPRISE NUMBER
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD MIB
Netonix Private Enterprise Number (46242)

As always be careful to roll out new versions, upgrade switches that are easily accessible until you verify that the new firmware works with your network design and desired feature set. We try to test as much as possible but it is impossible to test every possible network configuration.

IF A SWITCH ARRIVED WITH 1.5.5 PRELOADED PLEASE CHECK THIS THREAD

Latest WS Stable Release: v1.5.14
Click HERE to download firmware v1.5.14 - Released 4/26/2022
Click HERE to go to the thread for v1.5.14 Bug Reports and Comments.

FIXED/CHANGED
- Fixed SSH login with RADIUS

ENHANCEMENTS

KNOWN ISSUES
- WEB UI issues when not at 100% Zoom on browser especially on VLAN TAB
- Some language templates need help

Released 4/26/2022

Latest WS Release Candidate: v1.5.15rc3
Click HERE to download firmware v1.5.15rc3 - Released 11/7/2023
Click HERE to go to the thread for v1.5.15rc3 Bug Reports and Comments.

FIXED/CHANGED
- Fixed SNMP init error (causing memory leaks) - rc1
- Fixed kernel page-cache failure - rc1
- Fixed watchdog memory leak - rc1
- Fixed leak in net-snmp causing "No MemShared" error in logs - rc2
- Fixed SFP port link flapping on config change - rc3

ENHANCEMENTS

KNOWN ISSUES

Released 11/3/2023

Latest WS3 Stable Release: v2.0.8
Click HERE to download firmware v2.0.8 - Released 3/11/2023
Click HERE to go to the thread for v2.0.8 Bug Reports and Comments.

FIXED/CHANGED
- Orphaned terminal sessions that would cause 100% CPU issue
- Issues with SFP+ configuration
- Memory leak that caused reboots
- Security Issues
- SNMP Issues

ENHANCEMENTS
- Added checks that config changes save correctly before applying
- Automatically reload UI if spurious error occurs

KNOWN ISSUES
- DO NOT USE DASHES IN SWICH NAME CAUSES ISSUES WHEN SAVE OF CONFIG

- STP / RSTP / MSTP is broken - DISABLE IT

- If you have an OCP on a port try using a different port see if bad port or problem follows the cable.

- Also another issue just discovered inserting some if not all 1G SFP modules causes a reboot
Inserting 10G SFP+ modules work fine.

Hoping to have a new release in a couple weeks.

Released 12/5/2022

Latest WS3 Release Candidate: v2.0.9rc2
Click HERE to download firmware v2.0.9rc2 - Released 3/14/2024
Click HERE to go to the thread for v2.0.9rc2 Bug Reports and Comments.

FIXED/CHANGED
- Fixed undefined behavior caused by dash characters in switch name - rc1
- STP/RSTP/MSTP Roles now correctly displayed in web UI and CLI - rc2
- Fixed STP/RSTP/MSTP instability handling Multicast Frames - rc2

NOTE:
The fix for rc1 directly applies to changing the switch name to something like "switch-test-1", doing this caused severe delay's applying config's, switch lock-up, and unexpected behavior after reboots.
Due to the nature of the error, components of what was needed to fix this specific issue may have been responsible for other types of config changes causing similar error's. We will need feedback to verify if this is the case or not. During testing, we are now unable to replicate the behavior's described.
With any luck, this might solve the majority of stability issue's we're seeing on the WS3.

Some people have reported needing to default switch after upgrade to RC1. Probably more needed if you had a dash in the switch name.

Please let us know in the Bugs and Reports Thread what you find when trying this firmware.

ENHANCEMENTS

KNOWN ISSUES

- IPv6 has been disabled pending investigation
- IGMP Snooping has been found to cause instability with STP, it has been disabled pending investigation
- Also another issue just discovered inserting some if not all 1G SFP modules causes a reboot.
Inserting 10G SFP+ modules work fine. (Update on this topic, please see viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7902&start=10#p38311)

Hoping to have a new release in a couple weeks.

Released 3/14/2024

Read down through this thread for firmware version details, newest versions are at the end.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

v1.0.1rc2

Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:05 pm

FIXES
Staggers PoE port power ups to prevent a power dip on heavily loaded switches possibly causing it to not reboot properly.
Greatly reduced CPU overhead by eliminating floating point math since the CPU has to do it via software.

EXPLANATION
We are being conservative at this time and will be injecting a 500 ms delay after turning up each 24V port and 1000 ms after each 48V or 48VH port before energizing the next port.

This delay between PoE port power ups will occur when the switch boots and also if the switch is already running and you turn PoE on to more than 1 port at a time.

We are investigating this issue further but in the mean time please upgrade your switch firmware as soon as possible.

If we determine that a shorter delay between energizing ports is OK we will release a new version with the correct delay period.

I actually just found this issue myself as my techs were at one of my towers tonight that has a FULLY loaded 24 port switch and they did a cold power cycle and SURPRISE!

I apologize but we never had a reason to power cycle that switch since I put it in service and it is my heaviest loaded 24 port switch.

Released 10/14/2014
OK, this actually fixes what we thought we fixed with v1.0.1rc2 - SORRY

v1.0.1rc6

FIXES
Staggers PoE port power ups to prevent a power dip on heavily loaded switches possibly causing it to not reboot properly.
Correct some issues with the I2C communications that could result in the switch booting without powering PoE ports "occasionally"
48VH lights blink properly on the RJ45 ports now.

Explanation:
We have a safety valve that is to prevent the switch from accidentally powering any PoE port until after the switch fully boots and has control. Without this safety bit being set the switch does not have control of the MOSFET circuits needed to power on any PoE ports. In some boot events the switch boots without properly setting this safety bit therefore it is unable to control the MOSFETs and unable to power any PoE ports on. This version never failed in setting that bit in hundreds of boots but if it would the switch would just abort the boot and start over. The event is rare.

The only way to test these things are actually booting the switch hundreds of times in different configurations and watching the communications on the I2C bus to make sure the bit is being set properly.......very time consuming and very very boring to do!!!

We share the I2C bus with the Vitesse switch core who also is using the I2C bus to detect the presence of SFP modules inserted. There may still be a very slim chance there could a VERY rare circumstance which we are unable to replicate but mathematically it is possible. We have code in place now to verify if the bit gets set and in the rare event it would happen the switch will just abort the boot and retry. Where as this is a fix we are not completely happy with it and have opened a ticket with Vitesse engineers to come up with a better way but for now we feel this is OK. We know there are still some NAK errors on the ITC bus as well. These do NOT effect the operation of the switch but are caused by us queering all those current sensors every second which are on the I2C bus. The I2C bus is separate from the switch core itself.

We do not use the I2C bus to control the MOSFETs but we do use the I2C bus to set the safety bit that allows for control of the MOSFETs via GPIO. We do use the I2C to talk to the current sensors and external thermal sensors.

Once again just trying to be open and honest about everything. We always want to explain why we do things a certain way. I like an open honest and straight forward forum with you guys.

Released 10/16/2014
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

v1.0.1rc10

Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:28 pm

FIXES
Decreases pauses between PoE port power ups.

Complete re-write of the way the switch reboots after a firmware upgrade or software reset to prevent occasionally requiring a manual power cycle.

Correct more issues with the I2C communications that could result in the switch booting without powering PoE ports "occasionally" or hanging on reboot after a firmware upgraded or soft reset requiring the user to cycle power the switch.

NOTE: These fixes will not help on reboot issue after firmware upgrade or soft reset until AFTER this version is installed and the unit is running this version when you upgrade again or do a soft reset.

I strongly suggest upgrading to this version as soon as possible but be careful until this version is loaded it is possible that you may need to power cycle the switch manually after upgrade. I upgraded several towers last night and I had to drive to one of the towers and do a power cycle.

This firmware is for all WISP Switch models.

Released 10/18/2014

sirhc
Employee
Employee

v1.0.1rc11

Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:10 am

FIXES
More improvements for rebooting after firmware upgrades or soft reboot.

In the UI it was showing 48VH option on all ports, this got broken in v1.0.1rcX. It is not like if it shows it you could use it as the hardware to deliver it is not there and if you thought you could power a 48VH device like an airFIBER on those ports it would not work and you possibly could damage the switch as it would only be powering on 2 pair not 4 and be trying to push 50 watts on 2 pair which is not going to happen.

Released 10/19/2014

sirhc
Employee
Employee

ALERT

Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:13 pm

GUYS - With heavy heart I am asking you if you did not install your switch yet please wait to deploy it.
If you did deploy your switch PLEASE do not make changes in the UI until we release a new firmware hopefully soon!

The hardware is fine we just have a serious BUG in the code discovered today working with Bill and Tom from gvii.

Making changes in the UI can cause a port to de-power.

I promise we will work around the clock to fix this and test it better before I release the next version.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

v1.0.1rc16

Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:23 pm

I am sorry for the hassle, totally my fault! I should have gone back and retested everything again that I tested before between versions, I learned a BIG lesson. I feel OK with this version to be put into service so long as you're not using LACP (read below).

I will resume shipping switches tomorrow. :hurray:

FIXES

Situation where ports would get their POE turned off by obscure changes such as turning on STP for a port.

More improvements to the switch reboots after a firmware upgrade or software reset to prevent occasionally requiring a manual power cycle. I have been upgrading and resetting a switch all day with no issues. Now keep in mind I was upgrading from v1.0.1rc16 to v1.0.1rc16.

More improvements with the I2C communications that could result in the switch booting without powering PoE ports "occasionally" or hanging on reboot after a firmware upgraded or soft reset requiring the user to cycle power the switch.

If you console into the switch you are put into the CLI not the Linux shell. You can get to the shell by typing "cmd" and pressing Enter and then "exit" to return to the CLI.

Stop secondary UI when firmware upgrade or applying config changes.

10 Mbps links now show RED in the Christmas Tree.

KNOWN ISSUES TO BE FIXED IN ANOTHER RELEASE SOON:
We somewhere along the line broke LACP, it works but gets messed up with changes, I strongly suggest NOT using LACP until we release a fix soon.
Static Aggregation works fine.

Some minor graphical UI stuff.

Released 10/21/2014

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Update about known issues with v1.0.1rc16

Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:45 pm

Major Known issue(s) with version 1.0.1.rc16:
So the problems the switch is having with LACP is not actually a problem with LACP but rather the interaction of MSTP with LACP.

Now you might say we do not currently implement MSTP but rather we only currently support STP and RSTP and you would be absolutely correct, well sort of.

You see STP, RSTP, and MSTP all are handled in the same module from the Vitesse SDK. Even though we currently do not give you the ability to configure MSTP in the UI -YET- MSTP is still running/functional in the switch core and in the module.

So, if you turned STP or RSTP on or off and never changed any of the settings of STP or RSTP LACP will function fine other than it still does cause a little hic up where the LACP group will not come up unless ALL ports in the LAG come up initially. Once the LAG is up you can unplug all but one link in the LAG and the LAG stays active and you can even plug them back in and all in fine but if you unplug all of them you have to plug them all back in to initiate the LAG. In fact some cheaper switches like some Linksys and Netgear models we tested were like that but ours originally would allow the LAG to become active with just one link up in the LAG back when we first tested it like more expensive HP and Cisco switches we tested. Somewhere along the way something got broken in the code.

But anyway if you mess with STP or RSTP and you have an active LAG if breaks it and you have to unplug all the links in the LAG then plug them back in or sometimes we "think" it allows a loop within the LAG to occur which sometimes requires the switch to be rebooted to get the LAG to function again.

If you are not using LACP then this is nothing to worry about for now. If you are using LACP just do not mess with STP or RSTP, set it and do not mess with it and you should be fine. Static LAG does not appear to be effected but to be honest I am using Static LAG to my Cisco and I did not yet test Static LAG between switches but then again between switches most people use LACP. I only use Static to Cisco because LACP is not supported with my router model.

Other known issue(s) with version 1.0.1rc16
The current graphs are not including the board or the fan current draw just the ports which is obvious as the dash board readout in the upper right corner shows the total current at say 100 watts but the graph shows say 85 watts. This will be fixed.

When making certain changes in the UI mostly to do with a port change it causes up to one ping to be lost when applying the changes even to ports not being changed. Only the port being changed should incur a ping loss. This will be fixed.

If you are logged into the UI from 2 computers and one makes a change to the switch the other screen gets a drop down indicating the switch config has changed and you need to click to refresh. Sometimes the red drop down tab goes away without clicking on it and you di not see the changes done by the other UI. This will be fixed.

I do have the switches in service with my WISP and I am running fine with v1.0.1rc16
I will be putting about 30 to 40 ToughSwitch Pros on EBay soon, let me know if you want some, I am thinking $100 each.

This update is because of our open and honest policy we want to have keeping you informed as to why we do things we do.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Firmware Updates

Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:57 pm

Good news, Eric has found the STP/RSTP bug and I am testing it now. Looks good so far.

He is now working on some of the little minor bugs reported by some of you guys.

I expect to release a new firmware this weekend.

Also Monday I am supposed to receive a few hundred more boards.....soon we will have a positive supply of all models and release units to distributors worldwide.

As soon as we get more of the units out into more of your hands and get some feed back we will release a small 1,500 unit production run.

We have enough parts on hand to blast out 3,000 units by the end of the year. Pirate2

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Keeping you informed

Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:20 am

I was already to release a firmware update that fixed the LACP and STP issue along with several other things tonight when we discovered a way to allow firmware upgrades to occur where it will keep the POE ports up during the reboot. This means the radios do NOT have to reboot and reestablish connections meaning a tower will be down mere seconds when preforming software upgrades or if the hardware watchdog forces the switch to reboot for what ever reason it is only going to be down seconds! :hurray:

Look for a release after lunch time tomorrow EST.

Now be warned that v1.0.1rc16 which many of you are running still has some issues on reboot, the percentage is low but it is possible that when upgrading from that version it "could possibly" require a power cycle. And you do NOT get the advantage of keeping POE ports up until after you upgrade to the new version but from that point on you will!

I AM VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS VERSION!!! :cheers:

Also all the USA back orders will ship out tomorrow, I will be sending them next day air since you waited so long. :thumbsup:

International pre-orders will go out soon, waiting on certifications, maybe by end of week. :working:

sirhc
Employee
Employee

v1.0.1

Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:42 pm

FIXES
- reduced CPU usage

- staggered enabling/disabling of PoE

- enabled hardware watchdog timer

- made enabling PoE and reboots more reliable

- 48VH LEDs now always blink in unison

- power and pps stats now update correctly in the first 30 seconds

- more accurate board power consumption

- 10 Mbps links are now displayed as red in the UI Christmas tree

- show activity on UI during reboot

- serial console now starts in CLI

- added logging of reason for reboot

- fixed LACP problem when changing STP configuration

- when changing PoE configuration you can now set it back to the value that is currently configured if a link is present

- removed Port Bounce option on SFP ports

- PoE is no longer interrupted during reboots or firmware upgrades decreasing customer interruptions while radios reboot - less than 20 seconds

- fixed PoE bulk edit options

- added port description to christmas tree and upper right info

WARNING:
The no POE down during reboot/upgrade will on become available AFTER you upgrade to v1.0.1.

When upgrading from v1.0.1rc16 there is still a chance of the switch requiring a power cycle after the firmware upgrade.

Released Oct 27, 2014

Next
Return to Hardware and software issues