High cpu usage ???

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
rockhead
Experienced Member

High cpu usage ???

Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:49 pm

I have a 12-250-DC that has been misbehaving, crashing apparently, typically during the netflix rush, not particularly at peak or anyway predictable. It is a two week old switch that replaced a lightning damaged unit. It was running 1.3.9 firmware until yesterday morning, now it on 1.4.4
Its cpu usage yesterday seemed to shift from the the low 40's to the high 50's and then back, it is now shifiting from the high 40's to the low 60's and back, with an observed momentary peak of 74%.

Upstream from it, seeing all the traffic that it does (with less port switching though) is a 12-250-AC that is running about 25% cpu .

Any suggestions ???

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: High cpu usage ???

Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:08 pm

The higher CPU is from the added graphs.

You do notice that the Device/Status Tab now has 24 hour graphs that you guys asked for.

The more features you request the more CPU will get used.

But the CPU has no bearing on switch capacity, all the CPU does is run the UI/CLI/SNMP/Stats?Daemons.

It spikes when you first log in as it is busy setting up the information the UI need such as Logs and stats then drops down if you watch it. It can also fluctuate higher for periods of time when it is on a larger flat segment if you have discover Tab or protocols enabled as it is finding devices.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2033&p=15270&hilit=+cpu+UI#p15270

I would suggest running v1.4.5rc2 which simply has bug fixes reported in v1.4.4
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

rockhead
Experienced Member

Re: High cpu usage ???

Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:55 pm

Well crap, lol, I thought I'd maybe stumbled onto why it just crashed.

Return to Hardware and software issues