Need help with LAG

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
redbirdlarry

Need help with LAG

Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:30 pm

I just installed a WS-12-250-AC at my main tower and a WS-24-400A at a remote tower. I have two NSM5 links between the two towers. firmware on both were upgraded to 1.4.4

Both links work on their own.

I enabled lag on the each of the four ports (two on each switch) and set the key to 10 on each of the the four entries. Applied on the remote switch and then applied on the near switch. Port state never goes active. I see transmitted packets but no received packets. Communications are lost during this period. After a minute the remote switch reverts back to lag off.

I don't know what I am doing wrong. I would appreciate any comments.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Need help with LAG

Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:43 pm

This should be something you LAB first in your office and understand what you're doing before you try an implement in the field live.

You could have played with LACP LAG with patch cables got it working then substituted the radios to see if it would still work with those radios in between the switches.

If the radios are not setup as transparent bridges and pass BPDU packets I am not sure LACP will work?

Are you at least using WDS on the UBNT radios?

I strongly suggest a LAB to experiment.

You also do realize that LAGs do not make two 30 Mbps links into a single 60 Mbps pipe, it justs load balances?

Another option if LACP will not function across the wireless links would be to try STATIC LAG but STATIC LAG will cause problems if 1 link drops as it will still try to load balance to the missing link.

Google STATIC LAGs and do a little reading on them.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Return to Hardware and software issues