WISP switch swap 8 port to 12 port

Forum rules
THIS FORUM IS FOR PICTURES AND STORIES ONLY, PLEASE DO NOT POST QUESTIONS HERE!
jjonsson
Associate
Associate

WISP switch swap 8 port to 12 port

Sun May 31, 2015 8:15 am

I'm a fan of Netonix switches. They have really made a difference for me. The 8 port is a fantastic switch for me as it fits most of my enclosures!

This enclosure is one of the larger ones, so I could actually fit a 19" switch in it. But I started out with the WS-8-250-AC version. Since I'm constantly upgrading this site I need more ports. I therefor swapped the WS-8-250-AC with the WS-12-250-AC when I had the possibility to do it (maintenance on the site).
And best of all that leaves me with 1 extra WS-8-250-AC to reuse somewhere else...

Here's a picture of my newly installed WS-12-250-AC mounted in my enclosure. As you can see it's already fitted with 7 cables. That gave me 1 free port with the 8 port version so an upgrade was needed. Especially as I'm going to install an AirFiber 5 and 2-3 AirFiber 5-X at this site within the next months....
That's why I have left port 1-4 free....

WS-12-250-AC.jpg
WS-12-250-AC.jpg (166.97 KiB) Viewed 11014 times

The best part is actually the SFP ports. I will probably within near future install one more WS-12-250-AC switch (on top of this) and link them together with fiber. Saving those valuable ports for RJ45 cables....

Kudos to Chris and team for making such nice switches!

And heres the view from the switch (if it wasn't for the closed door in the enclosure....)
View.jpg
View.jpg (194.47 KiB) Viewed 11014 times

Return to WISP Switch™